Monday 14 May 2012

Add Some Summer Freshness to Your Sheets!! (DIY Linen Spray)

There's no doubt about it...we are heading full tilt into my favorite season. 
I love, love, LOVE summer. 
Every single thing about it (except the noise of the fan at night and the mosquitoes, but that's it.). 
But probably my most favorite part about this time of year is being able to throw open the windows and doors in the mornings and let the fresh, cool air in. Aaaahhh. 
Lucky me - I inherited my dad's very sensitive sense of smell (that was a blast when I was pregnant. Not.), 
so stale house smells drive me around. the. bend. 
A few years ago, in my daily battle to keep a fresh smelling home, I discovered a recipe for make-your-own linen spray. (Unfortunately I don't have the source of this recipe anymore.) I was all over that, let me tell ya. 
I started making it and spraying it on our bed linens in the mornings when I made up the bed and, even though I'm not a huge fan of the scent of lavender, I LOVE the freshness this spray adds to the sheets. Divine! 
Hubs will even comment on how much he loves that first wave of lavender when the comforter is thrown back at night. I'm sure he loves me for sharing that with you too. : )


Think it might be too complicated to make? 
Think again. 
It doesn't get any easier than this, my friends. 


All you need are three simple ingredients:
2 cups distilled water
4 oz. vodka
40 drops lavender essential oil (or any other essential oil you prefer)

You'll also need an empty, clean spray bottle. 


First measure out the vodka and pour into the bottle, then add the essential oil. 
Shake it up really well. The alcohol mixes with the oil, whereas the water will not...so ya need it in there!


Then add the water. 
Screw the top back on, shake it up again and wipe the sweat from your brow. 
Now go throw some windows open and spray those sheets!
 Then you may pour yourself a cup of coffee, sit down, breathe in the freshness and pat yourself on the back for having achieved total domestic goddess status. 
: )


Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------














Feathered Nest Friday





Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



Weekend Bloggy Reading

Tip Junkie handmade projects


UndertheTableandDreaming


DIY Project Parade
It's Just Called Spicy

To see the other great parties I'm linking up to, click HERE!

16 comments:

  1. Oh! That would be such a treat C:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super easy - think I need to do this! Especially since we have AC in the house & the windows don't get opened too often around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, super easy for a fresh scent. I'll have to give it a try.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love the smell of lavender. Thanks for sharing. ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I really like this idea. I'm going to give it a try. And Yay, a new post!! ;)

    ~Steph @ Silver Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh. So the missing ingredient is vodka. I have mixed my lavendar oil with water, but you are right. It never really would mix. I'll try it with the added vodka. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the info. I have tried making linen water with just lavendar oil and water. And you are right!!! It never mixed. I'll add the vodka and make it right this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for that recipe, I'll be making that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds extremely easy! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I found you through Savvy Southern Style and I'm now following you, I would love for you to follow back. Tx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this! I am not a huge fan of lavender ither, but I'm gng to try this! I too, hate stale house smell, hubs calls me the febreeze-queen bc i spray it over everything & have the auto-sprayers! lol. this would be much cheaper! ty! (:
    -Carrie Eve @
    a-hooahs-housewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Evie I was thrilled to see your recipe because I use basically the same one to make my own reed diffusers to scent the house, excpet I mix it up a bit with what essential oils I use. Now I'll also be spraying it on my linens too. New follower ♥

    I'd love it if you'd consider sharing this post over on 'Shabbilcious Friday' ~ http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/shabbilicious-friday-link-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this all natural... the artifical scents make me get a headache, but this is great! thank you. I'm finding a way to follow you... LF or FB... Little Bit from www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is a wonderful idea!!! I love to look around and see my home fresh and clean but to smell really fresh too. Your new reader, Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds heavenly, can't wait to try it. I think I'm going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can I use rubbing alcohol instead of the vodka?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...